Monday, July 23, 2007

Sunday- a day of rest?

Yesterday was crazy! My poor husband had to work a kids triathalon at the YMCA before church. He left the house at 6:45a.m. We went to church where we were both working in seperate kids rooms. I was in with seven 2 year old boys. WOW! That was interesting. I love working in there because the time flies by because they don't stand or sit in one spot for more than 6 seconds. After church my husband and I went out to Jordan Lake where our church would be having a baptism later that night. We picked up KFC and went to find our reserved shelter at the lake. We were there for a while before people really started to show up. It was a BEAUTIFUL day out at the lake! We couldn't have asked for better weather. A couple of girl friends and I went down and sat in the water for a while. We had to escape my husband and brother-in-laws sibiling rivalry with horse shoes! I actually had to leave a little early from the lake because Ethan is used to eating at 7:00p.m. and going down to bed for the night after that. So, since we are still living about 45 minutes/hour away I had to leave. It was just a non-stop day. But I loved it! For someone who stays at home all day long I love the days that are crammed full of excitement. Anyhow, to finish the day... or I guess start the next day... I woke up at 1:30a.m. to my baby boy screaming at the top of his lungs. (Talk about freaking you out) Well I ran into his room and his arm was up under the bumper in his crib and he was trying to pull his arm in but he was caught. So I took the bumper off completely and we both went back to sleep. Ahhhhh.
Today I am meeting a friend for lunch then we are meeting my parents for dinner because we are leaving to go vacation at Lake James for a few days and while we are gone my parents are heading to Colorado. So we won't see them for a few weeks. As soon as we get back from the lake it is MOVE TIME! I really need to start packing. I've organized a few things and Matt and I have both gone through our closets to get rid of some clothes we don't wear anymore. But there is lots to be done. Well i'm off, I need to shower while my little one is napping. Here are some photos for you to enjoy.

*p.s. The reason why I put captions above the pictures is so when you are scrolling down you can read about what you are getting ready to see.

My husband and brother-in-law duking it out in horse shoes.

Ethan napping at the lake- later I found out that water diapers don't hold pee. When I got him up his pack-n-play was soaked. Silly mommy.
Swimming or cleaning off the pee from nap time!
Random pic of Ethan learning to sit on his own. He sits there for 30 seconds and gradually falls over, ha ha.


No comments: