Thursday, July 19, 2007

Reflecting

I just put Ethan down for a nap and I was thinking about how big he is getting. I remember putting him down for naps when he was a newborn. I had to be careful to hold his little head because he had no neck strength. His blank stare would be staring off at the ceiling, but I was hoping he really saw his mommy. Now he is so heavy that my muscles strain to get him over the edge of the crib. He stares back with huge eyes and a big beautiful smile. His legs kick with excitement as if to protest, "mommy, i'm really not tired" but I can see that he is about to drift off to sleep as soon as I leave the room.
It is SO amazing how fast they grow up. He sits up with some help, touches my face when i'm feeding him, tries to pet the back of the couch when i'm burping him, and his whole face lights up whenever he sees mommy and daddy. We love making him crack up and the thing I love the best is that he LOVES snuggling. He can lay contently in our arms and he will smile and coo and absolutely LOVES to cuddle with mommy and daddy. I know he will become an active tough boy, but I really hope he continues cuddling. Sometimes I want another one right now, but I am quickly snapped back into reality when I think about how huge of a job it is to be a mother to one right now. I would love for him to be 3 or 4 when we have another one. I'm putting in an order for a girl right now, ha ha but we will take whatever we can get when the time is right. We just thank and praise God for gifting us with him, especially when the possiblity of having a child was very grim for me.
Anyhow, thanks for listening to me ramble. I am posting a picture of the day we took him home from the hospital to reflect on the day our lives dramatically changed.
Praise the Lord for blessings that He gives that we don't deserve.



3 comments:

The Cox Family said...

Look how little he was! It is hard to remember him being that small compared to what he is now.

Sheila said...

I am trying to soak up every day with Olivia because I know before I know it she'll be such a big girl!

jason and jen said...

I love this entry....it is so crazy how they grow up right before your eyes. We miss you guys too....we won't be at church Sunday we are headed to the beach in the morning. Hope to see you the following week!