So we are packing up tomorrow to head out of town again. We are leaving Sunday afternoon for my in-law vacation. We are heading to Tennessee for a week with Matt's dad, step-mom and that side of the family. We are excited as this has started to be a family tradition. Last year we went to Lake James and had a great time. We rented a huge house and went boating and caving and whatnot. This year we are going to Pigeon Forge, TN. As soon as we get back from this trip we are doing laundry, loading up the car and leaving again for our second week at camp. August is turning out to be just as busy as we have a wedding, a beach trip with Matt's old roomate, wife, and daughter and another trip to Florida. We are going to my Grandma's 80th birthday/family reunion. God is so good and he perfectly orchaestrated Matt and I to be able to go to FL for FREE! Plane flights and all. Thanks to some generous family members my Grandma will be able to meet Ethan for the first time. So anyhow, I need to eat this up because after these next few weeks there will be no more trips until next summer. (Minus a possibility of Matt and I going on a Missions trip to Belize in December- which I am also super excited about!)
So thats that.
Good news, Ethan seems to be doing better with the hitting/biting. I am trying to be firm yet loving and consistent. I know it is a phase and it will be over with soon. Next thing on the agenda for him- taking away his paci. He is now 17 months old and I plan to take it away very soon. He will not be one of these kids that is over 2 years old still using a paci. Maybe fine for others, but I KNOW he doesn't need it. I don't want to wait until he's too old and have a major meltdown, so we'll see.
Off to do laundry and start packing...
2 comments:
Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures!!
I have some great ideas on the paci I've read and tucked away for when it's time for OLivia! Email me if you'd like them!
Post a Comment