Saturday, July 26, 2008

Gatlinburg Trip

Home sweet home! We are home for less than 24 hours before we pack up and leave again. We are exhausted. We got home around 3:30 this afternoon. I started some laundry, ran to fill mom's car with gas & ran it through the carwash because we borrowed theirs for our trip, I then ran to pick up my car from mom's, then stopped by Target to buy some groceries for Camp next week, came home and started another load of laundry, fed Ethan and now sat down to blog some pictures before I start packing again! WHEW!
We had a great time in Gatlinburg with Matt's family. Ethan was a bit fussy this week and I almost threw him in the shark tank at the Ripley's Aquarium (so just kidding!). I think this month of traveling is tuckering him out. I know we all we be glad when August gets here and we slow down a bit...but we need to have 1 more fun week at camp and then we'll think about that.
Anyhow, this week we shopped, ate, went to Cade's Cove, went to the aquarium, played cards, went to the pool, and just enjoyed family. Cade's Cove is a neat park that has about a 7 mile road through a historical settlement where people lived in the 1820's. Along the way you stop at their old churches, cabins, and barns to tour it. It is a sectioned off state park so you see wildlife and beautiful mountain scenery. That is where we saw a mother bear and her cub running through a field. Ethan's favorite part of the trip was climbing up and down the house stairs with his Granddaddy and following his cousin Jackson ("Jacks" as he calls him) all around. Here are some pictures from the week.

Playing at a park
Bath time with cousin Jackson
Family picture at a mini-petting zoo
Ethan checking out the goats
Huggin' his cousin "Jacks", such sweet boys
At the aquarium
Shark swimming above us- we walked through a huge tunnel that went underneath the shark tank- so cool!
Ethan & Granddaddy in an aquarium??!
Checkin' out the sting rays

Sweet cousins touring Cade's Cove
Me and the hubby
Brothers holding nephews
So pretty!
Family picture at Cade's Cove






2 comments:

jason and jen said...

I am glad you had such a great time! I love the picture of you and Matt in the tree and the one of the four boys...too cute. If I don't see you in the morning, have a great week at camp!

The Cox Family said...

I'm glad you had a good time. You guys are some super busy people! Maybe once you come back, we can hang out. Have fun at camp!