Yesterday was a great day! We got Matt's parents to babysit Ethan for the whole night. Matt and I were planning to go see the big fireworks down in Raleigh. The past few days I haven't felt very well and I discovered I had white puss pockets on the back of my throat. (YUCK!) So we decided to skip the fireworks and stay home. We went for a walk and played cards together and enjoyed a night to ourselves. I cleaned like a mad-woman to get the apartment nice so when we come back into town it won't be a wreck. I mopped and vacuumed and scrubbed the bathroom down. Then a HUGE storm came out of nowhere. The big fireworks got stormed out, so I was glad we didn't try to go see them afterall. The lightening storm was HORRIBLE. It literally was popping all around us. I swear it struck right outside our apartment. I RAN from our kitchen into the living room where I snuggled in the arms of my husband on the couch until the storm left. We were glad Ethan wasn't here because the storm was so bad it definitely would have woken him up. So it was a very low-key night. I ended up sleeping in until 9:30 this morning. I haven't done that in who knows how long! It was so great!! Ethan got dropped off back here mid morning. It's amazing that even though we enjoy nights to ourselves I truly miss him so much! Every time I walked by his room I would look in and think, "my little boy should be sleeping in there right now".
Anyhow, this afternoon I decided to head to the Dr. office because my throat is nasty. It doesn't hurt real bad like strep, it only hurts where the white sack is. They ruled out strep and think its just a bacterial infection. Could possibly be mono! I've never had mono and i'm praying against that. He gave me anti-biotics and said it should clear it up but if i'm still feeling real tired and run down in a few weeks then it is probably mono. (The mono test came back negative, but he said it might be too early to detect it). So i'm resting and whatnot before we head off to camp tomorrow! I am praying I have energy to keep up with my son all week!
No comments:
Post a Comment