Tuesday, July 08, 2008

He keeps going and going...(this post contains a lot of pictures by request from the grandparents)

My son is not only wearing himself out, he is wearing me out too! Today was another great day here at camp. We all slept well last night and he even slept a little later this morning. We made it down to the lake again to swim. Ethan's favorite things are to pop the bubbles that gather on top of the water and to run into the water then run back up on the sand, then run back into the water and then back out. At first I thought he was just falling into the water on accident, but I soon figured out that when he ran into the water he just wanted to dive. He went "under" a few times today and loved it.
This afternoon while Ethan and I were napping we got a fierce thunderstorm. The lake was white capping and the waves were coming up onto the dock. It cleared up pretty quickly and was sunny again. We made our way down to the gym to play some basketball and late this afternoon Ethan and I went for a long walk and saw some cows down by the entrance of the camp. They were so captivated by Ethan and I that they all gathered by the fence and stared, it was kinda funny and creepy at the same time.
My little one is now tuckered out and fast asleep in bed. He was practically begging to go to sleep. I thought to myself "wow, its only Tuesday...i'm ready to go home!" I've been doing most of the chasing after Ethan because Matt is either giving sermons, preparing to give sermons, or out playing with the big kids and I gotta tell ya, i'm having a hard time hanging with my son. He just wants to run and run. There's no walking anymore here at camp, he's in over drive!
***the pictures posted in a funky order, sorry about that!

Ethan riding on the camp golf cart
Family picture at the end of the day
The whole reason I bought a bottle of swimmer's ear drops!

All Ethan wanted to do was put the balls up on the rack and then throw them back off again

The cows captivated by Ethan in the stroller

Popping bubbles

"I LOVE CAMP!"
"I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!"
NO fear!
And we'll do it all again tomorrow...






5 comments:

Mike said...

Fun times. Noodle salad.

The Cox Family said...

The pictures are great and it seems like he is having an awesome time. I'm sorry he's running you ragged. Sounds like he is just like his dad...always on the go. :) He's definitely a future camper and staff member.

I wish I could come visit you guys this week but we've got so much going on. Maybe the next time you guys are there.

Grammy said...

Gosh he looks so grown up! I'm glad he's having fun... just think in about 20 years he may meet his bride there :)

blsmom said...

Great pictures!!! Where is the post from today??? It isn't too late to have Bailey and Logan join you and while I am at it I will send Syd, she hasn't stopped talking for days!! lol!!

Grammy said...

What? no Wed update???