Wednesday, November 04, 2009

'Tis The Season: A Holiday Gift Idea Exchange, Day 4




GIFT IDEAS FOR THE BOOK LOVER: (This was a hard one, so here are the few ideas I have)

1. A tote bag for your book lover to take the library for borrowing and returning books, as well as a reusable shopping bag for when they hit up their favorite bookstore! You can find great totes at Target and on websites like http://www.etsy.com/

2. Here are a few books I recommend: Pursuit of Holiness, by Jerry Bridges. Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. If you are a woman and like mystery novels. Terry Blackstock is a great author and I love her series called Cape Refuge. I read the whole series in just a few days. (It's like 6 books!) All of these books are "Christian".

3. Bookmarks! A great way to incorporate your kids in the gift giving is to make homemade bookmarks. You can use stamping, markers, paint, glitter, ribbons, stickers and whatever their little heart desires! These are great for your avid readers! Your kids and grand kids will enjoy making the bookmarks, and who doesn't love receiving something homemade??

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I just finished the Terri Blackstock series "Last Light," "Night Light", etc. Loved it even more than the Cape Refuge series!