Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

This morning I did my traditional Black Friday shopping with my mom, sister-in-law, and friend Brooks. We decided it wasn't worth it to wake up before 4:00a.m. to get to Kohl's when it opened, so we decided to get there around 5:00a.m. If you don't have a particular "door buster" item you want to get, it is well worth waiting and going a little later. We actually found parking spots and got each of us were able to get a cart to hold our merchandise. This never would have happened if we got there when it opened. Plus, we didn't have to wait in much of a check out line either. Kohl's ended up taking longer than we had anticipated, so poor Brooks actually had to leave us and head over to Target so she could make it back home to feed her little girl when she woke up. After Kohl's we headed to Target, then Dicks, and last the Dollar Tree...well and a few places in between (cough *Starbucks*cough). The Dollar Tree is a great place to buy good gift bags and sticky name tags that go on your presents. I got CUTE name tags, 100 in a pack for $1.00! We had a great time and ended up shopping longer than we expected. We were out a total of 4 hours! Me and my preggo self was tuckered out by the time we finished. I got some amazing deals and even came home under budget!! I am completely done with all my Christmas shopping. I even bought Matt a new wedding ring!!!!! It definitely is a cheap replacement, but it looks good and i'm glad he has one! I of course couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to him, so I pulled it out and said, "with this ring, I thee wed" and slid it on his finger when I got home! I love my man!

No comments: