Wednesday, November 25, 2009

3rd trimester

I am officially in my 3rd trimester. Although for my own sake, i've been there for over a week now because I know I am having a c-section early. Hard to believe that our second little man will be here in 12 weeks or less! For some reason I am ready for him to be here! I don't think I was quite this anxious with Ethan. I know I am measuring smaller with this baby than with Ethan, but for some reason I feel like he is gargantuan! I feel like I have no room in my belly. I am more out of breath with this pregnancy than with Ethan. I have really hit the stage where I feel him move every single time he rolls over, etc. Before it was miscellaneous kicks and movements, but now I feel the whole body roll. He is way more active at night, waking me up in the middle of the night doing flips.
I can't believe how excited Ethan has been about being a big brother. He talks about it every day. "I share my cars with baby brudder. He push the wagon with me. I share the window with baby brudder. I color with baby brudder." Every thing he does he is considerate of doing it with baby brother. When we put him to bed at night we always lay and snuggle, talk, sing, and whatnot. It melted my heart the other night when he said, "baby brudder lay in bed with me!". I just pictured us as a family of 4 squishing in his little twin bed having some awesome times together before bedtime. Right now i'm amazed we can fit with my belly, but we do! Like i've said before, I know it will be an adjustment and i'm prepared for him to not be so excited when Caleb actually gets here, but I am praying he loves him as much outside of the womb than he does inside right now!!!
Other news, we put our Christmas tree up last night. It is really pretty. This is our second year as a family with a real tree. Other than some mishaps like putting four strands of lights on the tree and getting to the bottom and realizing the plug was the wrong end to go into the outlet. Ethan breaking an ornament. Re-wrapping the tree with lights and decorating with an excited 2 year old. It went well. Ethan was very into it this year. This first thing he said this morning when he woke up was, "where is my Christmas tree?!". We also put up my Willow Tree nativity that my parents have bought me over the past few years. We talked about each piece and he LOVED unwrapping them from the newspaper and pulling them out one at a time. I know it isn't Thanksgiving yet, but i've been excited and ready for Christmas to be here. I love Thanksgiving and I know it is important to stop and really be grateful for all that we have. But i'm ready for snow (HA), lights, trees, presents, family pictures, family get togethers, parties, celebrating the birth of Jesus, potlucks, music, and everything that this season entails. I know the holidays will make the last part of my pregnancy fly by! Happy Thanksgiving, safe travels to everyone. Look for a special Thanksgiving post tomorrow!

No comments: