I woke up this morning and decided that mourning the loss of my husband's wedding ring was over. After crying for over an hour straight yesterday when he told me of the incident... and after getting out of bed last night and crying some more. I realized, wow... PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER! Yes the ring means a lot and has huge sentimental value, but I also know that if a lost ring is the worst thing we are experiencing right now... then we are far more blessed than many people. After hearing about Matt's ring we heard of a couple friend of ours that suddenly lost their dad this past weekend. Just on our local news website the first 2 stories are of a lost child and 2 children that died in a house fire. When looking at things in the "big picture" you come to be grateful and understand that life can be so short and full of "losses". While I am sad that his ring is gone, I realize that it can be replaced. But there are some things that can never be replaced and lives will never be the same.
I thank God for this dramatic change in emotions, and I know Matt thanks him as well... ha ha! Cherish the moments you have with things that are irreplaceable!
1 comment:
I am waiting to hear from one winner, if she doesn't email back today, I will draw another winner. :)
Post a Comment