I love shopping for my boy! But sometimes it is hard to shop for other kids because you don't know what they are "in to". So here are a few of my favorites.
1. Kids Books. A great way to get a good deal on kids books it to order through Scholastic. I am sure you have a neighbor, coworker, or know someone who's child is in school. Pick up an order form from them and buy some great books at a great cost. The book I want to endorse is one of my favorites. It is called Babycakes. It is a cute interactive book that you can do with a young baby and toddler, like kissing their toes, playing peek-a-boo, tickling, etc .2. Diapers, wipes, or pull-ups. No matter how great the gift is, sometimes for the parent it is nice to get something practical. Since most young kids just love opening the gift, you can wrap these items in bright paper, lots of bows, or pretty bags. That way it is fun for them but practical for the child. Also, if your child is potty training, a great gift I know they will love is a package or two of cute little underwear. Find out their favorite cartoon or theme and try to find pairs that have them on it. My little one loves Thomas so his first package were Thomas themed underwear. So I guess the theme of this idea is stuff for POTTY use!
3. Art supplies. A great gift to get are the basics: crayons, markers, and paints. Kids loves
these and they are relatively inexpensive. Especially if you shop early for Christmas and pick them up when all the "back to school" specials are going on. You can get some great deals on art supplies. I recently introduced water color painting to my 2.5 year old and he LOVED it. He loved dipping the brush in the water and then choosing the different colors. He did way better than I thought about not mixing colors and making sure to dip your brush in the water in between. At the low cost of art supplies you can fill up a whole gift bag and get a lot for your money. Also a hint for this: try the Dollar Tree for these supplies!
these and they are relatively inexpensive. Especially if you shop early for Christmas and pick them up when all the "back to school" specials are going on. You can get some great deals on art supplies. I recently introduced water color painting to my 2.5 year old and he LOVED it. He loved dipping the brush in the water and then choosing the different colors. He did way better than I thought about not mixing colors and making sure to dip your brush in the water in between. At the low cost of art supplies you can fill up a whole gift bag and get a lot for your money. Also a hint for this: try the Dollar Tree for these supplies!
1 comment:
Great ideas! Since our son has been born I have bought way too many books (at the Good Will and yard sales)! ...but I know he'll enjoy them for a long time. Babycakes sounds like a good one :)
Post a Comment