Sunday, November 29, 2009

Preparing for a new week

Well the Thanksgiving break is drawing to a close these next few hours. It has been so nice taking a break from work and school to spend time with our families and each other! It has been a busy few days filled with food, family, friends, relaxation, and shopping! It is so hard preparing for the week after any break or vacation. Thankfully for us we have a packed next few months. With Christmas coming, Ethan's 3rd birthday and baby boy #2 making his entry into the world. I know before I have a chance to think about it we will be half way through 2010! Sometimes I feel like time creeps by, but more often I feel like it is flying by. I guess it is true that time flies by faster the older you get.
I am just so thankful for so much! Sometimes it is easy to complain about circumstances or things. But I really pray that I always have a heart that is grateful! We really are blessed in so many ways! My heart aches for those who have lost loved ones or are experiencing major medical issues. It is a huge reminder to not let life pass me by and to really be thankful for every day that I have with my family and friends. So as you prepare to return to "life" this next week, and you look forward to the future...I just pray you open your eyes to the people and things around you that God has blessed you with now! Because the saying, "you never know what you have until it's gone" is a scary thing to bring to fruition.
That is a challenge to myself as well.

No comments: