Friday, November 13, 2009
Stomach Flu
The Flu bug has bitten our house again, but this time in a different form. Wednesday night I got a call from my sweet husband while I was at bible study. In a very sad and quiet voice I heard, "can you come home, I just threw up". So I quickly exited my beloved bible study and came home to my sickie. He had the whole 9 yards... fever, chills, vomiting, etc. Thursday he spent the WHOLE day in bed. Literally came out for 20 minutes to eat lunch with us (grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup) and for about 10 minutes later in the day to check his e-mail on his laptop. He was wiped out. Finally late afternoon/evening his fever broke. Today has been much better, but he is still weak and tired. My parents graciously kept Ethan over night last night and then Matt's parents offered to take Ethan this afternoon and for the night. I have cleaned and disinfected everything. We rented a few movies from the redbox and just had a relaxing day. My sweetie pie of a husband looked at me during one of the movies and said, "it's like a date night!" I love him so much. But I told him my idea of a date night is less fever, chills, and vomiting! ;) ha ha. Matt was so completely bummed that he missed out on a staff retreat. He was very excited to go. I had to convince him that throwing up and fevering wouldn't be that much fun way down in Myrtle Beach, let alone it wouldn't be fun for others attending. It was a blessing in disguise though because he had already taken off work and switched days, so he was able to really rest, sleep, and relax the past 2 days. So far Ethan and I have been fine and i'm praying it stays that way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE your new header!! what did you use to do it?
Post a Comment