This morning I felt like Mike, our Pastor, wrote the sermon just for me. It was on trials and faith. God really used it to show me a lot about my faith. My faith tends to be circumstantial and emotional. I thought that I had a strong faith, but when it gets tested I fail miserably sometimes. I know that my family will never go without the essentials of food, shelter and clothing. I know that our needs will always be met. So it really is sad when things get rough sometimes that we panic and question, moan, whine, and complain! I need and want to have faith that the Lord promises to meet our needs and He will take care of us! Finances are just the biggest thing in our life that God uses to teach and grow us. And sometimes I just don't want to be taught-ha ha! I just pray that when we get through this, that he gets the Praise and that it will strengthen us. That we won't allow it to make us bitter or blame anyone or anything.
I have a challenge for myself and I would like to pass it on to anyone who wants a challenge. Whenever I start to compare myself to others, become ungrateful or let situations discourage me I now thank God for a blessing instead of dwelling on the negative. For example if i'm upset that we don't have enough money to buy something I want...then instead of dwelling on it I will now thank and praise God that we have plenty of food. It is turning a negative into a positive and thanking God and being grateful instead of letting wants drag you down and discourage you. It has helped a lot already, so start thanking God for your blessings!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment