Today I turn the big 2-7! Wow, i'm getting old! ;)
Yesterday I had a great devotional time and I made some birthday resolutions. Next week I am officially getting back into running. The past few weeks I had let myself go in a lot of areas and i'm trying to get back on the right track. (Those of you CWR people, you know where I got that motto!) I got in the rut of watching TV during Ethan's naptime, not running or even walking, eating not-so-great, and not spending time in God's word like I need and want to. It was about time I got my hiney in gear and stop wasting time and LIFE. How appropriate that this timing fell around my birthday. I am really taking time to reflect on my life. God is so good and He is so merciful and loving. Most of this life change has started the past 6 weeks when our church has been doing a S.H.A.P.E. series about your passions and personality traits and spritual gifts that God has given you. I have been thinking a lot about my role in life and my purpose here. Sometimes I wonder why it has taken me almost 27 years to make some changes, but I know God has a plan for my life and I just want to be used by Him. So this is the birthday of reflection and growth! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
(I tried not to use a lot of christian-ese in this post, as my brother-in-law calls it. So if you are not a Christ follower and/or have some questions about what in the world i'm talking about, please don't hesitate to ask!)
3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :o)
Yeah Cheri! I'm so proud of you! Way to use some self discipline!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! YAHOO!!
Post a Comment