Thursday, September 25, 2008

Potty training update & more

So the past few days we have been doing some potty training with Ethan. He actually did very well. He goes pee pee on the potty and loves it. But i'm just not sure he is completely cognitively ready. I can't really reason with him. For example: "Keep your pull up dry or the cars will disappear". He understands but doesn't understand. Now I know why people wait until their child is at least 2, because they just can't reason about it. SO, I think we'll stop for now. I am sure when he's a bit older it will be more beneficial in the long run. So that is the consensus for now.

As far as the finances goes, after our freak out moment yesterday we have taken productive steps in being smart with our money. Ultimately when things are going well we don't give it a second thought. But when we have a rough month we suddenly panic and question everything. What I am learning the most through it all is that we need to have a change of priorities. We were becoming too materialistic and not even realizing it. We were spending money left and right and justifying it with unjustifiable means. Last night as I was thinking a lot about it all I was actually grateful for this reality check. It got my priorities in line again and also made me really think about life in general. Are we spending time, energy, money, and effort on things that will last or things that are fleeting. It's so funny how something like finances really gets your heart and mind thinking about all aspects of life. Or maybe, God intended on using finances to get our attention. Either way, I am grateful.

No comments: