Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kids EveryWear

Today I got to shop at my favorite consignment sale. This is the Fall/Winter sale plus the usual toys and equipment. Ethan is now officially stocked on all clothing items for this Fall and Winter. I got him a nice jacket(brand new, with original tags from the store) for $7.00 and a halloween costume for $5.00. Along with other shirts, pants, overalls, fleece, Carolina apparel, toys and more. I also am a proud new owner of a double stroller. NO, I am not pregnant....yet. I am definitely nannying soon for a newborn PLUS the hopes of having a second child in the next year or two, I decided to just check out the strollers. I found a double (front to back) stroller for $60! It's in great condition with all its parts. I couldn't resist. If we end up not needing or using it, my thoughts are that I can just resell at a consignment sale OR craigslist. Anyhow, when I got home from the sale I started showing off all my purchases to Ethan and his Granddee. As soon as I pulled out 1 pair of shoes I got, Ethan grabbed them and wanted to put them on his feet. He then proceeded to wear them and play with his new toys for the next hour and a half! SO I decided to post a picture of the adorable shoes I got for $3.00 and a new puzzle. He has mastered his ABC puzzle, but I got him one with lowercase letters as well, so he's up to a new challenge. Which reminds me of a quick story. When Dee got here to watch Ethan while I went shopping this morning, he was playing with his ABC puzzle. I held up a letter and said, "Ethan, what's this?!" And he said "F!" He is now starting to learn his letters!!!! Anytime he does his puzzle and I sit with him, I will just say the letters as he puts them in and now he is learning them. How fun! He LOVES LOVES LOVES his ABC and number puzzles. He definitely has a spatial mind as my friend Sheila said!
p.s. If any of my NC friends want to go to the sale on Monday, e-mail me or message me and let me know! I can get you in with a friends pass!

Adorable Sperry-like shoes for $3.00!
Am I crazy to buy him a puzzle with 52 pieces?!! Even if I am, Ethan will LOVE it!


No comments: