Thankfully the day didn't go like the car trip there went. Poor Matt went to put his full can of coke in the cupholder and spilled it all over his jeans and the car. I was trying to use Ethan's sippy cup of water to clean Matt up and I spilled the water on my leg. Then after we got all cleaned up, I passed the sippy back to Ethan and I guess the lid wasn't on tight enough after I had just used it and it spilled all in his lap. So we had to pull over and change Ethan into shorts and clean him up to let his pants dry. WOW!
THANKFULLY the rest of the day was AMAZING! The weather was gorgeous, the zoo was a little crowded but not too bad. Ethan did SO well in his stroller the whole time. We think Ethan's favorite parts were the gorillas and the rain forest greenhouse. At the gorilla exhibit Matt held him up right in front of the glass where the gorilla was and Ethan started barking at it like a dog. HA! Then in the rainforest Matt would hold him under the foliage and let it tickle his head and he LOVED it! The rest of the time he was more into people watching than animal watching.
We did a lot of walking. For those of you that know the zoo, we started in North America, stopped in the middle of the zoo for lunch, then finished down in Africa. But instead of riding the Tram back to our parking lot, we decided to walk back through the zoo. What a workout! The zoo had more hills than I remember, but I guess I was never pushing an almost 30 pound baby in a jogger up those hills! Anyhow, we finished and left around 2:00 and even though it was well into Ethan's nap he really was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better day!
THANK YOU God for creating amazing animals to look at and for beautiful sunny weather to enjoy! HAPPY EASTER! I hope you get to enjoy an unexpected event with your families soon too!
1 comment:
We are going to the zoo next saturday!!!! :o) How fun!
Post a Comment