Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Attack of the frozen spaghetti & other fun stuff

I just hate it when I cause hurt to my son either directly (accidental of course) or indirectly. Ethan and I went grocery shopping this morning and I came home and was putting groceries away. I was organizing the freezer and Ethan was standing underneath me playing with the magnets on the fridge. Well, some things inevitably shifted and out plummeted the plastic container of frozen spaghetti sauce to the ground. It nailed (and I mean nailed) Ethan in the head. That thing has to weigh a couple of pounds and it was rock hard. The container shattered when it hit the floor after being cushioned by my sons head. He started screaming and it made a real pretty mark on his head. I think it is going to bruise. Of course pictures never do it justice with lighting issues, but I snapped a few anyway to add to his many others. Ahh, the joys of life. I was upset at first, but then just laughed. How random of an injury.



Anyhow, other news. Yesterday we went to the Dr. because Ethan has recently broke out into a rash on his back. Well, looks like we have a food allergy with our little one. They think he is definitely allergic to dairy. Fun times. (Note the sarcasm) He will have a skin allergy test to either confirm or deny the claim when he is 18 months old. But for now, No dairy. Of course we will do anything to help our child, i'm just praying he isn't one of those children that is allergic to everything! He's already got amoxicillian and dairy on his chart.


On a different note, our son is turning out to be quite the little character. He makes up his own fun games and is really a ham. He doesn't show off much to others or in public. He actually is quite the cling-on when we are out and about. But I know that will change. So for now I am thankful he is clinging to me rather than running off when we go to the park or other places. He LOVES playing with his ball and playing hide & seek. I am thoroughly enjoying my son and I hope we can add more to our family.... one day!





1 comment:

Sheila said...

No dairy? Boo hoo!