Sad morning this morning. Everything ended up being ok, but boy did I cry. Ethan and I were playing around and he was real hyper. We always go into our bedroom and throw him on the bed and wrestle around. So I went in and threw him on. He got so excited so fast, he lunged forward. He happened to be right on the side of the bed and he fell right off! My heart sank for a minute and I jumped up so fast and scooped him up in my arms. The first-aid certified person in my head told me, "don't move him, you could further his injury if he's hurt." But the mom in me screamed, "pick up your baby and hold him!" So I did what the mom in me said. He cried very loudly. I grabbed his paci and put it in his mouth and examined his little body. He actually fell on his side, which is good, but also could have been bad. I made sure his collar bone and little arm wasn't broken or hurt. He stopped crying pretty quickly and I assessed that he was ok. So I snuggled him a little longer and cried. I put him down, and off he ran to play again.
That was a good experience in the end and I praise God that he wasn't hurt....and I know there will be more of those moments in his life... but it was awful to see your little boy fall and know that he could be hurt. My heart just sank. Injuries and sickness are the hard parts of motherhood... but thank God the good far outweighs the bad!!!! Off to go play with my son...
1 comment:
Oh glory I remember the grocery shopping days and you making me carry so many bags so we only had to take one trip :) Glad Ethan is ok!! (Bailey says thanks for the birthday wish!)
Post a Comment