Although we did not get the accumulation that was first forecasted, we did get to see our first real snow of the season!!!! Matt and I grabbed each other and jumped up and down in excitement. We've been waiting for this. It was enough to barely dust the ground, but nonetheless we were excited to see it fall. We were hoping to get out with Ethan's new sled, but that didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow we'll take a ride on the grass or something. Today brought a lot of fun as we waited for the snowfall. Grandaddy and grandee stopped by and we practiced sledding in Ethan's toy basket and then moved to the real deal on the carpet. Then Cary and Amanda stopped by. We enjoyed hot tea and hot chocolate with them. Tim, Anna, and Ty walked over and we all ended up ordering pizza with everyone and enjoyed each other's company. The boys ventured out and treated us all to some dairy queen ice cream which was SO yummy! We all watched the snow fall... and our blinds! (I went to let the blinds down out our kitchen window and they broke and fell.) It was a fun day, I just wish we could have gotten more snow. Oh well, I still captured some fun pic's!
p.s. Side story: I am so proud of me and my running partner, Brooks. We haven't run in several weeks due to the weather and other issues. Last night we ran 2 miles! We're working our way up there. We decided to run a 10K (6.2 miles) possibly in March. So we'll see... we need to put off the 1/2 marathon until the fall. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY, IF I CAN START RUNNING THEN ANYONE CAN DO IT!!
2 comments:
Awwwwww I'm sad he didn't get to go sledding, I was counting on building his first snow man! Oh well... winter isn't over, so we can keep hoping. Great pic's! Love ya!
I can't get over how cute Ethan is! He looks just like you!
Post a Comment