Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR- A new year brings a long post with a lot of updates!

I just can't believe that it is 2008! Where did Christmas go?! I think because we were out of it for like 3 weeks being sick and whatnot, that Christmas and the new year just flew by! I can not believe that it is January 1st! My baby will be turning a year old so soon. We've had an eventful few days. We were blessed with some UNC basketball tickets that I was able to give to my husband for his Christmas present. So we enjoyed a WONDERFUL date night while my parents watched Ethan. Matt and I have so much fun together and I absolutely love it. (More about that later) We had a few days of rain which we needed so badly and the puddles and storms were welcomed with open arms. Our apartment complex was flowing with streams and ditches running over. Then last night we had a great time with some friends on New Years. So great of a time that I actually missed the fact that the ball dropped. In my defense they didn't count down on the TV like they usually do AND we were all a little preoccupied with a puzzling math problem. (More about that on another day!) So here are some pictures that tell a little bit more about the past few days!

Preface: Throughout Matt and I's marriage we've had so much fun doing the most random dumbest things. Well we went to McDonalds before the UNC game #1 because Brueggers was closed which is where we were going to use a gift card and #2 it was the cheapest and easiest thing to find. WELL, I got a kids meal and got a little strawberry shortcake doll in it. I started playing around with my camera and discovered a zoom function on it that I didn't know I had. So we started posing the doll around taking pictures. Well that lead to taking pictures of her in random places which led to us wanting to take pictures of her doing everything that we did that night. We were laughing hysterically and having a blast together with this dumb little toy! I guess we got our money's worth.
Matt and I at McDonalds
Picture at the game that got out of order
Modeling with the sweet and sour sauce
Striking a pose with the tickets
Enjoying some popcorn
Guess which row we sat on?!
Post Game- YAY UNC!!!!


New Years Eve with some of the girls(Left to right- Anna, Amanda,Me, Courtney)
Rain and flooding where we live
Our big boy growing up too fast!
"Now I know my ABC's....."

p.s. Since i've been out of comission with my running.... we are starting back strong today. We have a goal of running a 5K in March and then possibly a half marathon later in the year. My brother-in-law thinks he wants to start running too. So we'll have to get a little running clan started. I'm sure you'll be hearing more about running later on as well!
Thank you Jesus for a wonderful 2007, You blessed us with more than we could ever imagine! Looking forward to a wonderful 2008!



3 comments:

The Cox Family said...

So jealous you got to go to the Carolina game! Happy New Year!

jason and jen said...

I love the pictures with the Strawberry shortcake's friend! Sounds like you guys had a great date night!

E said...

Ethan is so cute!