Sunday, January 27, 2008

Erythema Multiforme meets generosity and faith

It is amazing how something you once never knew existed becomes a term in your daily vocabulary. It has been a battle but Ethan is starting to get better. Last night was the true turning point for my baby. He slept well and woke up looking a lot better. The rash is completely off his stomach and his legs are looking a lot better. It all started with his stomach, so now that it is gone hopefully the rest of his little body will follow. My poor baby has literally been suffering the past few days and it has been a challenge as a parent to see and not be able to do anything. But in and through this all God has had his hand on Ethan. Although it has been rough, it truly could have been worse.
There have been people all over the world praying for my son. We just thank you and praise God that he designed a way for people to help even if they can't be here. We thank our families and friends for how they have been so generous with their time and gifts. My in-laws helped watch Ethan while we napped yesterday. Dee cleaned the vomit out of our carpet and cleaned our whole kitchen. Eddie was a great playmate for Ethan and helped take out our trash. My brother-in-law and his family picked up some bananas for us and surprised Matt with a sports magazine and me with a starbucks gift card. (I left our bananas and grapes at the grocery store last week on accident) My mom stayed the night and helped with Ethan and my dad came over this morning and cooked us a nice big breakfast. It just blows me away how people come together in a time of need without question. We appreciate the e-mails and the notes of encouragement left on this blog. All of this has really pushed me to want to help others in need. And like I said, although this wasn't life or death, it was serious for us and we appreciate everyone being there for us. Ethan is napping right now, but I hope to post some good pictures soon because he is looking so much better.

3 comments:

blsmom said...

I am glad to hear he is feeling better today, poor baby. Give him some soft hugs for me.. and kisses too!!

Elizabeth said...

I have been reading your blog and been praying for you. I couldn't imagine watching your son in pain and there is nothing you can do. I am glad to hear things are getting better!

The Wells of Morrisville said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are looking up. Poor little guy. Cheri, I cannot imagine what that was like to go through as a mom. . .not being able to comfort your baby. Praise God for his goodness and care of Ethan!