Friday, January 11, 2008

Slumber Party!

My husband is currently out of town with a few other men on a church staff retreat. I am jealous because they got a cabin up near Boone. But oh, won't they be jealous when they hear of all the fun that we are going to have tonight at our SLUMBER PARTY! The wives of the men + a few extra ladies are all getting together tonight for some fun, food, and fellowship! The night will start off with a evening of fine dining which will consist of salad and pizza! Then we'll move onto dessert, games, and fun. We will end the evening with a Slumber Party where we will all stay the night at Anna's house! Now, i'm sure we won't be doing pillow fights and painting each other's toenails, but we will have a fun time together! I am really looking forward to a girls night. While some of the women will be bringing their children and the upstairs will be littered with pack n' plays, I will have the privilege of being baby free because my parents want to take on the role of being grandparents and keep Ethan for the night! So i'm SURE you will be seeing a post later on of the stories and pictures from this evening.

Anyhow, onto other things. My BIG BOY has officially dropped his morning nap and is napping in the afternoon only. He hasn't napped at church in a few weeks and I thought he has been ready, but daddy hasn't been as willing to let go of that morning nap as Ethan has. Today he did GREAT! Wasn't fussy at all, but was so ready to go to sleep after lunch. He's been napping for 2 hours now, and I hope he'll make it for one more hour. The past 2 Sundays he has conked out and slept for 3 hours. So we'll see. He's growing up too fast.

I was tagged by my friend Sheila to do a meme. Still haven't figure out that yet, but basically I think it's a blogging forward. You fill out some things and tag a few people to do it. I'll complete my task, but doubt i'll do any tagging. Sorry if I ruined the fun. If you happen to read this and want to do it for yourself, rock on!

My Materialistic Gift/Wish List
1. A new car- if you've read previous posts my husband and I have cars that are dying and I would LOVE to have a new car. Maybe a mini-van or SUV so that we can carry all our baby stuff like jogger and whatnot. I also want automatic windows and locks as well as cruise control because we don't have those things in my car. To end, I would like my car to have somewhat tinted windows so that I don't have to have these tacky looking window shades to keep the sun from burning Ethan's eyes or bald head!
2. A house- So I can have my own back yard so we can get a dog. Also the increase in size would be nice compared to having an apartment.
3. A daily massage and work out with a personal trainer.
4. A maid- I love cleaning, but sometimes I would LOVE for someone else to do it for me. So maybe someone to come in and do the laundry and clean once a month.

My Spiritual Gift/Wish List
1.Patience
2. Love for the hard to love people
3. Self discipline for daily time in the Word
4. Not to be judgemental or assuming of people
...this list could really go on forever.

No comments: