Thursday, January 24, 2008

Allergic Reaction

We just got back from the doctor. Ethan had an allergic reaction to his Amoxicillian he was on for his ear infection. When I got Ethan up this morning and went to change his diaper he had a rash all over his stomach. Throughout the morning it got worse and worse and spread to his neck, armpits, hands, and feet! He even had them on his face and head. I knew he was having some kind of reaction to something but we didn't know what. The Dr. concluded it was to his antibiotic. However he had this antibiotic before and this is the 8th day out of a 10 day cycle. She said that sometimes allergies to medicines don't show up until the second time you are on them. My husband and my dad have allergies to medicines so I guess it got passed to Ethan. My poor baby. He was scratching all over. I tried to get some pictures but didn't want to pester my son who is already in pain, but here they are. Now imagine these hives and rashes all over his body and worse than what is pictured. :(





2 comments:

Grammy said...

Awwww my poor little guy! It's amazing how it popped up, he was fine last night, but that's kinda like my reaction to my blood pressure medicine after being on it almost 2 years. I'm praying for "my little buddy",

Courtney said...

Oh my! Poor Ethan!! He's getting all he can out of this last week at home with daddy, huh?