Tuesday, November 11, 2008


I feel like so much has been happening lately. Our lives are constantly on the go. But when I sit down to write about it, my mind goes blank.
Ethan is making us laugh on a daily basis. He is so funny! He is also testing us on a daily basis which is so hard. Sometimes we just want to ignore him and let him get away with misbehavior, but we are standing firm! A couple of weekends ago I had a 15 minute stand off with him at church. I was setting up the kid's rooms at church and Ethan hit me for some reason. So I sat him in timeout. I simply asked him to say sorry when he was getting up and with attitude he looked at me and said, "NO!" so we had a stand off with him refusing to say sorry. It wasn't that I wanted him to say it so badly, it was the fact that he had such bad attitude and knowingly was resisting. It became a power struggle to him. So I knew if I backed down then he would feel he could get away with something similar in the future. So he was SCREAMING and it was echoing throughout the halls of our church. Fun times. I know there will be many more of those, but I was happy that I was consistent even though it was hard.
His latest obsession is "dip dip". He wants to put ketchup on EVERYTHING. He dipped his strawberries and oranges in it the other day. Every time he has chicken nuggets he asks for "dip dip"! He will also just dip his fingers in it and licks it off. It makes for a real messy meal!
Another latest and greatest from him is his daily request for people. He runs through a list of people, sometimes multiple times a day. He is even remembering his buddies from church, like "Ry Ry" and "Nate"! Of course the list always includes his favorites, "Papa, Mammy, Memaw, Granddaddy, Dee, Jacks, Michael, Ki Ki (Courtney), Ben, Abby, and Brat (Brad)" It's so funny how he picks certain people and names out and remembers them and asks about them. And they are all at "work" according to him. So funny. Matt and I are absolutely loving being parents and wouldn't trade it for the world. We love snuggling with our boy and love sitting on the couch together and watch him dance and jump around the living room. We have even gotten Ethan in on some of our silly games we play. It is also fun to see him love going to church and asking to pray. He loves to pray and it so precious. He bows his head, jibber jabbers for a minute and then says, "MEN" for AMEN! SO cute!
Well I could bore you with other stories, but I won't for now. I am trying to get back into running but it has been so hard with self discipline. Matt is so busy with school, work, and church. Thankfully flag football is over but he still has several more basketball games. I enjoy it when things slow down, but then I get bored and wish we were more active. I can tell you one thing, I am VERY ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. These next few months are such a fun time of year.

1 comment:

blsmom said...

How cute!!!! He is at such a fun age!!
Colter also says MEN during prayers... so cute! Those two would have SO much fun together!!