Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy 400th post!

WOW, Have I really blogged 400 times in the past 3 years?! Crazy!! In honor of my 400th post I thought I would give you the easiest recipe for the yummiest treat! My friend Natalie gave me this recipe almost 2 years ago and I bring it to almost every occasion. I have yet to meet a person that doesn't rave about them!

OREO BALLS

1 8 ounce tub of plain cream cheese (you can use low fat and you cannot tell the difference)
1 package of the original oreos
Chocolate flavored bark coating (Found in the baking section)

* Crush the entire package of oreos. We put them all into a ziploc and use the flat side of a meat mallet to crush them. Some people throw them in a food processor. Doesn't matter how you do it, but you want to crush them into almost a fine powder. (Cream and all!)
* Mix your crushed oreos with 8 oz. of cream cheese. (It will mix up like a thick cake batter) I use my hands to do this. It is so fun to make with children, I make them with my niece and she loves it!
* Melt your baking chocolate, then roll your oreo mixture into balls.
* Dip the oreo balls into the melted chocolate and then place them on a cookie sheet. I cover my cookie sheet with wax paper to keep them from sticking and also it is one less pan to clean.
* Put all the oreo balls into the fridge and let them harden and cool.
*YOU'RE DONE! SOOOOOO easy and SOOOOOO yummy!

Tips: I have used dark chocolate and it is VERY good but milk chocolate will do. You can put the oreo balls into the freezer for a quick freeze and they come out just as good. Also, store them in the fridge after they harden. I usually put mine into a tupperware container for easy access :)
When Natalie gave them to me for the first time she had them in cute inexpensive cellophane Christmas gift bags. Great for gifts at the office for people and for your child's teacher! ENJOY! I know i'll be making a ton over Thanksgiving and Christmas!

2 comments:

blsmom said...

I can't believe I don't know of this... oreos are my favorite!!! I am SO making this for Christmas treats!! THANKS!!! I wish we were closer, I tried to get Dale to move out there but no luck. Silly man.

Brooks said...

Thanks for the recipe! I was trying to decide what dessert to bring to our work Christmas party and I am taking these.