Monday, March 23, 2009

"You give and take away...still i'm going to say BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD!"

Matt and I have been learning amazing things about blessings, being good stewards and being faithful. I've written before about such things. Sometimes I feel defeated. That although we are living by a strict budget, trying to tithe faithfully and cheerfully, that things keep happening. Matt's computer dies. Mine dies. Then I find out that I have to have my tonsils taken out. I have a hard time understanding, where are we going wrong? Why do these things keep happening to us when we are trying to pay off our debt, save money, and all these "honorable" things.
See we as Christians and non-Christians have this view in life that we are entitled things. That somehow we have read into a promise that isn't there. That life will be good and no trials will come our way. No where in the bible are these things promised. However, (this is what excites me and what I have been learning) that God promises that He will be our shelter, our ever present help in times of trouble, that He grants us His peace, love and understanding. That He knows the plans He has for us, plans to prosper us and not to harm us. That although we see this limited view of our life plan, God has a much larger and more grand picture. I just feel so blessed. I wouldn't trade all the money in the world for the growth in my faith that I am experiencing. God is using people and circumstances to draw us closer to him. Our "problems" big and small all matter to God. If a broken laptop and money woes are all Matt and I are facing, then we have it really good. I know there are worse things in life. I find comfort knowing that the Lord cares about our "big" things. I just want to give him so much praise and glory and honor. I am writing from a laptop that was given to me from one family. Another family in our church willingly paid for a brand new laptop for Matt. So we both have new computers. I can see peoples live being changed and their view of God just growing larger. He does love us. He does care. If you do not know or understand how big the love of God is, then please seek Him and talk to someone. There is nothing more important in life. No money, no success that can ever replace knowing Jesus as your Savior. Knowing that God who loves us so much sent Jesus to be a sacrifice for us. All we need to do is just believe and accept. That is it. No gimmicks. There is nothing more you have to do. There is no way to earn it, He freely gives it. Amazing.

With excitement I post these pictures.
Here is my cutie pie sporting a new Carolina outfit that I got at the consignment sale. I practiced great restraint and discipline at the sale. I am proud to say I only spent $60.85 at the sale and bought no toys. His Spring and Summer wardrobe is complete. It was very hard not to buy everything just because it was cheaper than being new. I know Matt was praying over me and our bank account. HA!
Ethan giving Houdini a kiss. Sadly my dog that i've had for the past 10 years is being put to sleep. He is such a big sweet baby. I've enjoyed having him as a pet. I know it will be hard for my parents and the grandkids who love "woof woof". So please think of them during this time.
My boy playing with play-doh for the first time. He didn't know quite what to do with it. But I was glad that he didn't try to eat it. This was taken before his little haircut. (The picture above sports his new-do!)



2 comments:

E said...

What!!! 'Diniers is being put to sleep?? I am so sad-I sure loved that dog too...except when I woke up one time at your house and there was a HUGE drool mark next to me :)

CarolinaMike said...

Dini will be missed. The best dog ever by far!