Thursday, March 19, 2009

Recent happenings

Today we headed to Wilson, NC for Matt's grandmothers' funeral. She was 97 and lived a long happy life. Although no one really wants to go to a funeral, this one wasn't too bad. I actually learned a lot more about her via the pastor's message. I do have a quick embarrassing story to tell. Matt was a pall bearer. So at the end of the service he carried the casket out and family followed behind. We were all getting in our vehicles. All the family was parked behind the funeral home in 2 lines behind the hearse. Well we were all silently getting in our cars. I decided to drive and was getting in the drivers seat and accidentally leaned on the horn! So this loud honk happened. Matt and I just laughed and laughed and couldn't believe that happened. It was quite funny.
Anyhow, because we were heading to the funeral today, on Wednesday we decided to get our hair cut. So we had a family hair cut. Matt, Ethan and I all got a trim. This was Ethan's first real hair cut. We buzzed his head. It isn't real short (2.5 guard, for those of you who care!) but definitely shorter than it was. It looks so cute and he looks grown up. I didn't think he had much hair until it all started falling off. He screamed throughout the whole process. I can't wait for him to get used to them.
This weekend is full of events. Tomorrow night I volunteer at my consignment sale again. Saturday morning I get to shop! Saturday evening is a fun night with our women's ministry from church. We have planned a bunco night. I have never played, so I look forward to going. Sunday morning I am taking a sweet lady to the airport at 4:30 a.m. She has been attending our church and is moving back to Brazil with her husband. I teach the 3-5 year olds this Sunday in church. I am planning on taking a long nap on Sunday to catch up from the weekend events.
The biggest news is that I am writing from my husbands new laptop. An amazing family from our church graciously offered to buy Matt a new laptop seeing how his died and mine is on it's death bed too. We feel so blessed to have such giving people in our church who look out and provide for each other's needs. Amazing. I hope to get pictures uploaded soon!
p.s. Matt and I are throwing around some plans. We are talking about training for a half marathon together that is in November. We have been toying with incentives. I would love to run again but I really need some accountability. (I miss my Brooks!) So I would love to run this race to lose some weight. Then my side of the bargain that we are still negotiating is that if we did this race together, then after we run it in November then we will start trying to have another baby. So who knows. There could be some fun times going on in our family these next few months!! This is not an official plan, but we are doing some discussing. The most difficult part in all this is finding childcare so that Matt and I could train together.

No comments: