It's hard coming up with creative post title names. I named this one "t&t" because it has a little bit of This and a little bit of That. So there's my creativity.
Yesterday we got a few inches of snow. Matt was off for Spring Break so we got the pleasure of being home together. We slept in a little, I made M&M pancakes and bacon. Ethan LOVES this breakfast almost as much as we do. He downed a lot of food. We spent the whole day indoors. It was delightful. Yeah it would have been fun to go out in the snow but Ethan was in one of the best moods ever and we just enjoyed being home and spending quality time together as a family. Ethan's love for sports is growing stronger and stronger each day and this is making Matt a very happy daddy. Ethan got a t-ball set for his birthday. So yesterday we had the video camera out and Ethan had his first t-ball lesson in the living room. I know he is only 2 but he is very good at a lot of sports. He can throw balls really well and has great hand/eye coordination. He shoots basketball and loves kicking balls and running. He batted very well for his first time and Matt was in heaven. It was so neat to see my husband and my son together having a blast doing something they both love. I know we will be outside almost every day this spring and summer because of sports. We hope to instill an active lifestyle into our son. Which shouldn't be difficult because he loves being outdoors and he loves running.
So anyhow, other updates. Ethan cut a molar and is working on his others. He can now sing the whole alphabet. He LOVES singing songs, we sing several songs before nap and bedtime together. I am applying as a substitute teacher for our county hoping to make some extra money. We are following a financial program to help us manage our finances better. God has been teaching us some great things about tithing and being good stewards of our money. This has all been spurred on by our sermon series at our church as well as other life events. We are actually excited about managing our finances. Ha ha! Matt is leading our small group on marriage. It has been great and we've only been in it 2 weeks. We watched the movie Fireproof and we are doing a study that has come off of it. I recommend seeing that movie and make sure you bring some tissues. I love seeing my husband lead this group as well as the discussions we've had because of it.
I have also realized more and more lately how much we are blessed as a country. I know that may be a hard pill to swallow in this economic time but we truly have so much to be thankful for. I know that I have had an ungrateful and complaining heart when it comes to possessions and money. I have acted like a spoiled selfish brat demanding things from God when I haven't even stopped to thank Him and be appreciative of all that we do have. Of the job opportunities we have and the community that we live in. Yes we share 1 car as a family, but at least we have one that is paid off. Yes money is very tight, but we pay our bills each month and never go without food. Yes we have student loan debt, but at least we got to go to college and earn a great education. Yes I would love to own a house, but we have a great apartment in a great location and we have shelter. I am able to stay home with my son and watch him grow and learn and be a part of his life and that is amazing. If we have another baby, so what... they share a room. Look at what we as a culture have come to value. That each family member gets their own room. That each adult NEEDS a car to drive around. That if you don't own a home then you aren't a successful person. When I know not even half way around the world there are people literally starving. No roof over their head. Sickness over taking people and sadly...genocide. I just don't even think that is real in my life or others. Anyhow, I feel like I am starting to ramble but I hope you see where I am coming from. I am glad my eyes are beginning to open and that we are starting to be thankful instead of ungrateful. And please don't get me wrong. I do not believe that having things are evil or that you are a bad person for owning a home or making good money. But when we value those things more than we should or become ungrateful or demanding of more. That's when we have an issue. When we become prideful or in my case envious and greedy, that's when we need to take a step back and realize our priorities. That when we die, NONE of this stuff goes with us. It's what we did with Jesus Christ that matters. When we stand before God we can't say look at my house I bought, my car I drove, the money I earned. We need to be able to answer the question: "What did you do with my son Jesus? Who I GAVE you as a sacrifice for your sins so that you could have a relationship with me?!" All we have to do is accept. That is better than anything money could buy.
No comments:
Post a Comment