Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pure genius

Most moms think their child is the smartest, cutest, and best at everything. It is in our nature to fall head over heels with our children the moment they enter the world screaming and crying and pink all over. While I do not think my son is a true genius, I do know that he is ahead of some children his age. I have thought this about his speech for a while. But it hasn't been until lately that others have affirmed this to me. I mean before he turned 2 he was saying, "Happy Valentines day" as well as "Happy birthday" and saying it clearly. Well last night my husband calls me in the middle of my bible study to tell me about our son's vocabulary. He said he handed Ethan his paci because he was getting ready to put him to bed for the night. He said Ethan pulled the pacifier out of his mouth, looked at it and said... "hmmm, paci is white...just like papa's truck... and mammy's car!" GENIUS!!!! Ha ha!! Just now I was making what we are having for dinner and he said, "mommy, I want some of dat noodles." He has always loved letters and numbers. He asks me to sing the alphabet (along with other songs) before every nap and bedtime. Praise the Lord he is taking after his daddy in the academics regard. And please don't think we push him to know this stuff. I have made a promise to myself that I would never become one of those pushy moms forcing their kids to learn things way before it's time. He has developed this love all on his own. I truly need to start a notebook to write down all the things he has said. He is quite the character.
Oh and there is no hiding that he is ahead in his growth as well. I mean come on... he just turned 2 and weighs 36 pounds. What a beast.

No comments: