Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy 2nd birthday, Ethan!

My baby turns 2 today!!! He has been singing "birthday to you, birthday to you!" all morning. I'm sad that my husband is gone all day for classes, it doesn't feel like much of a birthday, but his party is this weekend and i'm sure it will feel more festive. Ethan and I ventured out to Target this morning to get some groceries. He got his beloved free chocolate chip cookie from the bakery and I got a Starbucks. My sweet friend Erin sent him a birthday card and put in a Starbucks gift card for me! :) Maybe we should celebrate more often, ha ha! Anyhow, I don't have all his pictures on my laptop, but I managed to get some pictures of his birth, 1st birthday, and 2nd birthday portraits. So here's my birthday boy...

Here is a picture of my 9.5 lb baby in the hospital!
1st birthday portrait
2nd birthday portrait
We go to his 2 year check up on Wednesday, i'll be interested to hear all his stats. According to the bathroom scale at his Granddaddy's house and Papa's house he weighs 34lbs.
In honor of his birthday, here are 16 (Feb. 16th) things about my boy!
  1. He LOVES sports, he was just twirling Matt's tennis racket singing "birthday to you".
  2. He is very verbal for his age, although he is a bit shy in public
  3. Ethan loves cookies, pizza, and avocado, sometimes he eats his avocado faster than a cookie!
  4. Ethan is very tender hearted (takes after his daddy) he doesn't like it when other kids cry or are hurt
  5. Ethan is very strong willed (like his mommy) this makes for quite a few time outs and pops- ahh, gotta love toddlerhood!
  6. Ethan loves running, I relate him to Forrest Gump, "always running!"
  7. Ethan loves singing ABC's and "Jesus loves me" as well as praying before he goes to sleep
  8. Ethan sleeps 11 hours a night and takes 3 hour naps in the afternoons, I have to wake him up almost every afternoon
  9. Ethan wakes up very happy (most of the time) he is clearly like his mama in that regard!
  10. Ethan can count to 10, knows some colors, some shapes and sing most of his ABC's- he is a quick learner (like his daddy)
  11. He loves taking a bath and spends most of it on his stomach laying down, "swimmin"
  12. Ethan, like most kids, loves to be outside. He begs to go outside and feed the geese or go to the park
  13. He has great manners, says please and thank you most of the time- we are very proud of his sweet thankful spirit
  14. Ethan loves playing with cars and trucks and is in that phase where he points out every single one while in the car
  15. Ethan has recently noticed the moon and looks for it in the car at night and if he doesn't see it he says "moon went night night".
  16. Ethan loves Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Barney. One day at my parents house he wanted to watch Barney but mom couldn't find the right channel... he looked at her and said, "Papa find it Barney"! He LOVES his Papa, Grammy and extended family. We are blessed to have them around! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ETHAN!!


6 comments:

Mike said...

Happy Birthday little man!

Amanda said...

It's amazing how much you can tell it's him in that firstborn picture. Happy Birthday, Ethan!

jason and jen said...

Happy birthday ethan...you are too cute!

Grammy said...

Happy Birthday little buddy! I wish I could see you today but don't want to give you my sore throat!

Grammy said...

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with # 9... he does wake up happy most of the time... but I don't remember his mommy having a smile first thing in the morning

E said...

Glad you liked the Starbucks card! Happy Birthday to Ethan...can't believe it's been 2 years! Miss ya!