There's a lot going on in and around our lives. My good friend Brooks just gave birth to her first baby, little Ellie. She was a few weeks early but is doing great! Poor Brooks labored for 25 hours and then had to have a c-section. I admire her strength and I know she will be an excellent mommy to that little girl.
Our friends Tim & Anna are in the adoption process. They are coming back from Russia today. While they were there they let out the secret that they are not only adopting a little girl (1.5 yr) but also her brother (2.5) as well. They have Ty who was adopted from Russia and is 3. How exciting! We all knew about the little girl, but they kept the boy a secret for a few days. But the joy couldn't be kept, so they let out the surprise!
We are just thrilled to see how children are a blessing. I pray that everyone is able to experience that feeling in some way. Whether through adoption, biological children, nannying, care taking or however. It is so neat that God designed ways for us all to be parents in some form! We are just in love with our son. I pray that we are able to add more children to our family some day.
Speaking of Ethan, his pink eye is not getting better. It is still oozing and he is supposed to finish his drops tomorrow. Unless it is dramatically better tomorrow morning we'll probably end up back at the doctor. He also has a fever and was up all night last night. I just don't know if there is something more going on with his little body. So if you think about it please pray for him. We postponed his birthday party that was planned for tomorrow until next weekend. Good thing too because my nieces in Charlotte that were supposed to come are sick throwing up and my mom is sick with a chest cold. So sounds like we all could use a nice relaxing weekend to recuperate.
p.s. I have washed my hands SO much in the past few days that they are cracking and bleeding in certain spots. Any ideas for ways to keep them clean, yet moisturized??
Always exciting times!
No comments:
Post a Comment