Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dollar Tree


So i've written before about a new found love. The Dollar Tree. Where everything is a dollar...or cheaper. I used to be a Dollar store snob, but when you get married, have a child, and try to stay home... you realize that finding deals is better than focusing on certain brands. This afternoon I took a trip to my beloved dollar store. I could walk those isles for hours...well not really hours, but it is fun! Here are some steals at the dollar store that you might not know...

1. You can get Super Glue- it actually comes with 3 in the package.

2. They have a generic 'Magic Eraser' that works- I got pen off my table just a few minutes ago!

3. They always have gift bags for all occasions and party supplies that are cute too

4. You can buy light bulbs, even night light bulbs like 4 or 5 to a pack

5. They have candy in bags...stuff you would normally buy for around $3.00- name brand candy too

6. They have ketchup and other great deals on food, although I am a little hesitant on some things there (definitely check expiration dates)

7. You can buy the nice balloons for birthdays and other occasions that are inflated

8. Sharpies

9. Great flash cards, work books, word finds, other educational supplies

10. boxes of envelopes and mailing packages

11. CLEANERS- great cleaners that work!

12. Seasonal toys and such for Easter, Valentines, Christmas, etc. that make great gifts

13. Bubbles

14. Generic Muccinex! Great for colds- i've used it

15. Pregnancy test- a girlfriend of mine found out she was pregnant on one of these, so don't buy expensive ones!

16. Greeting cards- 2 for $1.00


I'm sure there are plenty other great buys, but this is all I can think of for now. Why spend more on some of the same stuff??? Visit your local Dollar Tree today. Ha!!!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Hi Cheri!
Don't forget my favorite -- 8 AA or AAA batteries for a dollar. They have some that come in 4 packs, but look for the Sunbeam batteries -- they come 8 to a pack. Unbelievable.

BTW, Katie and I just started a blog at gogriffingo.com. Check it out.