Sunday, February 15, 2009

Big bed

Tomorrow Ethan turns 2 years old! Next weekend is our party that we are having with the whole family. Getting his bed together is his main birthday gift from the family! My mom and I have designed and made Ethan's quilt for his big boy bed! I told my mom what I had visioned, she helped with measurements, I did designing and she did all the sewing! It turned out great! She did a wonderful job. Thank you mama!! She just finished it today and e-mailed a picture, so I have yet to see it in person. You really miss the stitching detail with this picture, I will post more when the bed is complete.
Her sewing machine is awesome, we were able to do red stitching on the baseball that looks like the actual ball stitching. The football stitching looks like the grip on the actual ball and the basketball stitching looks awesome. I researched soccer prints to make the ball. Because a soccer ball is a sphere, when you flatten the design it actually resembles a kaleidoscope made up of hexagons and pentagons. I made it simple cutting out black pentagons that mom sewed on to give the visual appearance of a soccer ball. We were going to do cutsie letters for his name, but that was too difficult, plus cutsie doesn't really match the sports theme. I gave mom free reign with his name and she did great! The red framing around his name and sports balls is the actual part that will be on top of the twin bed like a birds eye view, the rest will hang off the side. Hope that makes sense. I love it and can't wait to see his big boy bed set up! He is growing up too fast!!!
Here is all the thanks and props to people that are making his big bed transition possible. (I feel like I am accepting a Oscar on his behalf or something!)
Brooks & Brad- mattress and box springs
My mom & dad- bed frame and amazing quilt
Eddie & Dee- mattress cover and bed rail to keep my wiggle worm from falling out
Matt & I- sheet set, pillow, and bed skirt



No comments: