Friday, May 02, 2008

Home sweet home

We are back from Florida and we are exhausted. Isn't it so true that you need a vacation from vacation? I think the drive is what is most tiring. Today's drive home was miserable because we were missing our baby boy so much and couldn't wait to see him after being away for 8 days!!! We were counting every mile and minute. It was so fun to see him so excited to see us! We just scooped him up and cuddled and held him. While we LOVED being on vacation just the two of us, we were missing part of our family and were reminded of it a lot. Especially when we went to disney world and it was like a stroller derby!
Anyhow, good thing I came back tanner than I went. We enjoyed going to a Tampa Bay Rays baseball game, visited with some family, went shopping, laid out at the pool, I read 3 books that my sister-in-law recommended, went to Disney, we went and saw a movie at a gorgeous movie theater that was so neat, we ate out as well as cooked in our villa. One of my favorite things was playing mini-golf with my hubby. I actually beat him at a game! Our resort had its own free course, but we did venture out to an awesome place (if you ever go to Orlando, i'll tell you where it is!). We actually saw a snake and tied our game at that course. We just had an amazing time.
Now I just finished unpacking and started some laundry. I'm going to figure out how to post a slide show of our pictures instead of trying to upload them individually. So i'm off... yay for being home!

2 comments:

The Cox Family said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good time! We all need to hang out soon!

Mike said...

Welcome home!