Happy Mother's Day! For so many years this day has been about celebrating my mom. We would make her special cards and attempt to cook her meals growing up! I am sure she has crafts and special things boxed up that my brother and I have made her over the years. How can 1 day encompass thanking and celebrating ALL that your mom does?! Wow. I NEVER fully realized how special moms were until I became one. What an honor and a privilege to be used by God to birth a child and nurture and love them for the rest of your lives. I knew when I met and married my husband that I was experiencing a new kind of love i've never had before. But becoming a parent is such a different love. No matter if you birth a child or adopt, it is AMAZING how much love you can feel for children. There are times where I still just look at my son and tear up because I cannot believe how much I love him. So from now on, I look at mother's day in such a completely different way. Not only am I celebrating my mom, but my husband's mom and step-mom and now I get to reflect and embrace motherhood all on my own. I just thank God for this amazing gift. Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!
p.s. Thank you to my husband who bought me some BEAUTIFUL flowers today!!
No comments:
Post a Comment