Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Summer Reads

Both of these books are biographies and are extremely good and will change you!

The first book that I highly recommend is In the Presence of My Enemies. It is the story of a missionary couple, the Burhhams, who were taken captive among others for about a year by the Taliban. It is awesome to read about their faith despite the circumstances they were in. I could never imagine being captured and held hostage at all, let alone surviving in a jungle for a year! This second book is Mistaken Identity which is about the two girls who got in a horrible car wreck and whose bodies were misidentified. I had heard about their story but didn't know much about it. This was possibly one of my favorite books i've ever read. You need to read both of these at some point in your life. It really challenges your priorities and makes you think about what matters most in the end.





1 comment:

jason and jen said...

Thanks so much for the book ideas...I really want to read both of these!!! Hope you are having a great week!