The pacifier is history. We never expected it to be this easy. Which makes me think I should have taken it away earlier. But honestly it was almost good that he was a little older because we could reason with him and knew he understood. We tried to take his paci away when he was around 18 months old and he almost bit through the crib. I came in from his nap and the crib rail was all bit up and he had paint chips on his face. So obviously he wasn't ready then. But this has been a breeze. I am SO thankful. You have no idea. Our little boy LOVED his paci. He would ask for it every night and would sleep the whole night with it in his mouth. We thought he was super attached. Last night he did great. Went straight to sleep and slept the entire night. Not even a whimper. This morning he woke up at 6:45 but didn't get out of his bed. I do think it will take some time adjusting as far as falling asleep. Before he would fall asleep when his head hit the pillow, but it is taking him a bit to wind down and fall asleep on his own. But I expected this whole thing to be much much worse. Crying and screaming and waking up all throughout the night. So you can imagine why I am so elated! I have heard nightmare stories about taking away the beloved paci. I should have known this would be somewhat easy because Ethan is so laid back. He transitions and accepts change very well!
Ethan took a paci the day after he was born (circumcision- poor guy) and had it until he was 2 years 3 months and 16 days old! Yeee Haaw! (p.s. my personal deadline was by the time he turned 2- but a warning to other mom's...don't forget about the 2 year molars!!! I waited until he got those through! So I am happy with our time line and decision about waiting.) VICTORY!!!
1 comment:
Yeah! I'm glad things have gone so smoothly so far!
Post a Comment