Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Pregnancy Report

I thought I would give some more information about us being pregnant. Don't worry, I won't give you TOO much information. Hee hee. Needless to say we are thrilled. We were just talking about trying to start having a baby again and BOOM. I'm pregnant. Mom said Matt just looked at me different and I was pregnant. We have been very fortunate when it comes to conceiving and I am very grateful! I actually thought I was pregnant before the test was positive for a couple of different reasons. One is that I have been nauseous for about 2 weeks now. Another one is that I noticed some of my stretch marks from Ethan's pregnancy change color. They just looked a little more pink instead of white and almost GONE. Too bad they'll be showing up again, I was happy to see them disappear! And lastly there was at least 2 times where I went to get up from the laying down position and felt a small muscle strain in my stomach. I recognized that feeling from my pregnancy with Ethan, so when all these clues started adding up, I thought I might be pregnant. 5 tests later confirmed it for me! Yes I said 5. We bought a stash of them at the dollar store recently to have. They all came back negative until those 2 I took this past Thursday! Obviously it was too early for the first few tests to detect. But I knew for sure I must be pregnant. I was only 1 day late from my missed "cycle" when we found out. So I am just barely over 4 weeks pregnant. Like with Ethan, we couldn't keep it a secret so we decided to tell everyone. Of course we know that there are risks involved this early in the pregnancy, but we didn't want to live in fear. We know we have very supportive friends and family if, God forbid, something were to happen with our little poppy seed sized baby! Like I said before, according to my calculations the due date will be February 24th. I have a doctors appointment in the beginning of July. Of course I am already thinking about names and wondering what the gender will be. We would love to have a little girl, but would be content either way... as long as they were healthy! Ethan is excited to be a big brother although he doesn't know what that means. I told him mommy had a baby in her belly and he pulled on my shirt and said, "I wants to see it!" Matt is so cute and has gone into protective mode. Making sure i'm not over doing it and drinking water and watching what i'm eating. He is such a great husband and daddy! I am so blessed! You will be hearing a lot more about this news in the next 8 months!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i know i said congratulations on FB, but i just felt the urge to share my joy with you again!!

it seems everyone in my world is getting pregnant and it makes me so excited...the start of a new little life!! how wonderful!!

your little boy is so adorable and you guys clearly have a blast with him! so i know that #2 will be a great addition to you already fantastic little family!! :o)