So we sorta decided last night to take away the pacifier. We have talked about it for a while but never acted on it. We didn't really plan that last night would be the night, but it sorta happened. I talked to him some yesterday about giving his pacifier to Hannah (our newest niece!) and he was excited about it. Matt also asked him if he would give us a million dollars and he was excited about that too, so we weren't sure that he fully understood. So last night I just told Matt, let's just take it and see what he does. Fully prepared to have to give it to him. Well about an hour before bed I told him that he didn't need paci anymore and that he was a big boy and baby Hannah needed his paci's. So when it came to bed time we put him to bed and he NEVER asked about! Now he cried for about 5 minutes asking for me which is abnormal. But he never referred to the paci. He still went to sleep great. He woke up in the middle of the night, whimpered for a few minutes but I never had to go in there. Then this morning he woke up a little early, but nothing too bad. He did get out of bed and come into our room when he woke up at 6:30, but I was shocked and amazed at how well he did!!! I thought it would take hours of screaming and fussing and a real fight. I am in total disbelief! Now, i'm still ready for it to be a challenge, but if this was all there was to it, then I am extremely happy and in awe! I told him that he doesn't get out of his bed, that he needs to call for mommy. So hopefully after a few mornings he will adjust.
When Ethan went to the big boy bed a few months ago I was shocked at how well he did. From night 1 he did great. Not a peep and he did not get out. He adjusted really well. So I am hoping that this paci detox goes the same way! Say a little prayer! If you see me walking around with my mouth wide open, just know that I am just in a little disbelief about how well it went. We'll see what today's naptime brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment