Have you ever had one of those days, weeks, months, or years where it feels like everything hits at once? Right now it is bills and UGH, they just make me want to sell all I have and move to a remote island with just me and my family. No one to answer to. So what do I want to do when I am having a pity party? Today it is blogging.
I have wanted to post a picture of Matt's ankle but never got a good one because of the flash whiting out his bruising and various other reasons. So sorry, no picture. Today was the first day where he felt like it is actually getting better. The swelling is going down and it doesn't throb like it has been. He is still on crutches and can't put pressure on it. But like the doctor said, sometimes sprains are worse than breaks and they just stink. Those weren't her exact words, but you know what I mean.
Something that has just made me really happy and smile lately is Ethan. I can't describe the feelings of joy and love that being a mother gives to me. He is just cracking us up lately. He is so funny and really shows off and LOVES laughing and making you laugh. His prayers are what makes my heart smile. Today at nap time it was, "God...thank you mommy, daddy, papa, mammy, papa's truck, pizza, mammy's lawnmower (which sounds like mmmamower), hidaddy (granddaddy), dee, puppies, pass (paci), amen." He is just too cute! I cannot believe the sentences he is putting together for a not quite 2 year old. He blows me away.
Last week while he was at "school" they went to the basketball gym. Well the men's league was setting up to play some pick-up games and the buzzer went off REALLY loudly. It scared all the kids and even made Ethan cry. After that he has talked about that event every single day. "Basketball gym...loud noise...buzzard (instead of buzzer, how cute?!!), Ethan cry!" Then he proceeds to make the loud buzzer noise and then laughs hysterically. What a goober! I didn't even know he knew what the word "noise" was or that it was a "loud noise".
Two days ago we drove by Great Clips where he got his hair cut a few months ago. He pointed to the plaza and said, "Hair cut, lolli-pop". He remembered! Ok, maybe this all isn't that amazing to you, but for a proud mama it just makes my heart smile. Something else I love is that every time we leave his "school" we talk about the morning in the car. I will ask him a question. "Ethan, did you like the music today?" I love looking in the the mirror at him, see his little face as he ponders the question then actually answer, "Yes, music fun." "Ethan did you go to the gym today?" Pondering.... "Gym, ball, fun!" Is he genius or what??!! Ha ha!
I have to tell you regardless of the stress of bills, I cannot wait to add some more babies to my family. I LOVE being a mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment