I am in love with the lyrics to this song called Hosanna. It is my new favorite song.
I see the King of Glory, Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole world shakes, the whole world shakes
I see His love and mercy, washing overall our sin
The people sing, the people sing
CHORUS: Hosanna, Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest (x2)
I see a generation, Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a near revival, Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees
See CHORUS
Heal my heart and make it clean, Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me.
Break my heart for what breaks Yours, Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to eternity
The part in bold is my favorite part of the song. I have been thinking and praying a lot lately about what it means to love others like Christ has loved me. I have been praying that God would open up my eyes and help me to see what breaks His heart. People are hurting and people are lost. It is very easy to become self absorbed and miss out on the hurting world around us. Some of us are going through huge hurts ourselves. For me personally I have realized how ungrateful I have become and how demanding I have become. I WANT a new car. I WANT a house. I WANT, I WANT, I WANT. This afternoon during my personal bible study time, God began to really show me this and started breaking my heart. I looked around my apartment and realized how much stuff we have and how much I have taken for granted. Really made me see how much stuff we could do without. No, toys in themselves are not bad. Furniture is not bad. These things are not "bad"... I have just begun to put a bigger focus on stuff we have and things we "need" rather than looking around and trying to see what needs others have. I have really thought a lot about women and children in orphanages. Mostly orphanages overseas. I pray that I am able to take a trip very soon to love on hurting people. Our church has been raising money for a Christmas offering. Half of it is going to missionaries overseas. One fourth is going to help fund Christian adoption and create an orphan care ministry at our church and the last one-fourth of it is going to support a clean water initiative. These are great causes to give to. But this past month things have been stirring in my heart and I have felt compelled to go serve in an orphanage somewhere. I am not sure of the details like the when, where, and all that. But I know they will come. What I want most out of this time of evaluating my heart in life is that I will start LOVING OTHERS AS CHRIST HAS LOVED ME and that GOD WOULD BREAK MY HEART FOR WHAT BREAKS HIS. That I will stop being so self absorbed and start loving on others and meeting their needs. Please hold me accountable in this and pray for me about this.
1 comment:
I love Starfield! I actually JUST commented *about 30 seconds ago) on a friend's status that had a line from the lyrics of that song. It's my favorite of all of their songs, and I've found so many of them that are both challenging and convicting!!
Post a Comment