We've had 2 major victories in the past 24 hours, I am just so excited! Last night Ethan threw a huge tantrum. While we were reprimanding him for one misbehavior, he blatantly did another and then hit us when we were trying to discipline him. So he went in time out. Well, to make a very long story short, he was in time out for 1 hour and 15 minutes because he was refusing to say sorry for the previous misbehavior's. Now, I know that may seem a little much but we were staying consistent for a couple of reasons. Number 1 even though he isn't feeling well, that is not an excuse for disobedience. We want to instill him that no matter how you're feeling, you still need to obey. Number 2, he was outright refusing to say sorry or say yes ma'am. We kept telling him what he was in time out for and asking him to apologize and with attitude he was refusing. So we know for a fact that he knew exactly what he was doing. At this point it was a power struggle and there was no way he was going to get by with it. Because if we let him get by with it this one time, that sends him the green light that it is ok to do it again in the future. We have a very strong willed child, so we have to be as consistent as possible. So let me tell you, it made for a very fun night. But he eventually in a small little voice said, "sossy" and gave me a hug. It was a very sweet time and we just hugged him and told him how much we love him.
Second victory, Ethan slept completely through the night last night without making a peep! I went to sleep at 10:00p.m. and woke up at 7:00a.m. Can I tell you how much I needed that and how much he needed that?!! I even woke up around 4:00a.m. in a jump and practically ran in his room to see if he was ok. So I feel rejuvenated this morning, however i'm a little stuffy and congested. So i'm hoping i'm not coming down with anything, I needed that tremendously! So i'm hoping that our family gets healthy soon!!
3 comments:
hummmmm...wonder where YOU got a strongwilled child???? Might I say that Grammy showed up during this power struggle and it was heart wrenching, but he definately knew what he was doing and would "huff" each time they reminded him he needed to say sorry so it was obvious tho heart wrenching rebellion
P S, I am SO glad that he's feeling better and EVERYONE got sleep!
Keep winning those battles!
Post a Comment