Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Shoes

You know your son loves his new shoes when he wears them to bed and sleeps all night with them on!
Ethan was whimpering this morning off and on so I decided to go in and check on him. I changed his diaper and when I was taking his Pj's off to change him I noticed that he had 1 shoe on over his pajama's! SO he had slept the whole night with a shoe on over his fleece footie pj's. Of course daddy watched him last night while I was at bible study, so he didn't catch the fact he had a shoe on when he put him to bed.
Ethan LOVES these new shoes. They are a simple slip-on tennis shoe with one velcro strap. We got them at Payless on Monday. His shoes had been fitting snug and whenever I put them on he would whine. I thought he was just being a normal toddler fighting me on getting dressed. However when I got him measured at Stride Rite over the holidays, I realized he was really a size 8 Wide when I had him in size 6's!!!! No wonder! So ever since we got the shoes he has been wearing them ALL the time. I had to finally hide them yesterday because he kept putting them on himself and sometimes on the wrong feet. He LOVES them. I don't know if he really just loves having shoes that fit or if we pumped up the excitement when we were buying them. Here's a picture of his beloved shoe!



No comments: