Monday, December 08, 2008

HUGE Victory!

So I just wrote the last post earlier today and tonight we had a HUGE victory! Praise the Lord! I took Ethan into his room for bedtime. He asked to sit in the chair, thinking I would hold him and rock him. I said, Ok, we'll sit in the chair for prayers. So we said our night prayer and I stood up to put him in his crib. He started whining and asking for his daddy, which he had just said goodnight to. I sang him 2 songs and laid him down and he laid right down and didn't make a peep!!!!! The whole past week anytime I would lay him down he would jump right back up and start screaming. This is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! Even if he wakes up tonight or struggles some more, I am so glad for this tonight. That means we are heading in the right direction and doing something right! YAY! Matt's exams are over and we are starting to feel better, so hooray!

3 comments:

Brooks said...

yeah! I hope tonight goes well! I'm glad you guys got some rest yesterday afternoon.

jason and jen said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better and that Ethan laid right down in his crib! I hated seeing you so upset on Sunday, but I have been there too...you were totally drained. I hope you continue to feel better this week and that you can get some much needed rest! Love you!

E said...

Ah the construction paper fireplace! Love it!