Our calendar is already packed full of events and I can't wait! Our most exciting trip is coming up first, in April. My parents are graciously letting all the kids use their time share that they received this year. The time share is in Las Vegas, however you can cash them in for a week somewhere else. So Matt and I are taking a much needed vacation to Florida. We are going to stay in a nice resort in Orlando and we plan to go to Disney and possibly Sea World (we'll see how the funds are at that point). This is our first real vacation since we've been married. And guess what?! We're doing it baby free! Not that we don't love and adore our precious baby boy, but we need some alone time! So needless to say I am counting down the days to enjoy a vacation with my sweet hubby!
We also have a week where we are going to the camp we met at! He was asked to speak to 180 7-9th graders and I am SO excited to go! God has used Matt in a great way with his speaking abilities and I am excited to see him be used that week. Let alone the fact that Ethan will really enjoy the camp this year. Last year he was barely 5 months old, but this year he will actually be walking around the camp and enjoy swimming and whatnot! I am almost as excited about this trip as our vacation to Florida!!!
We also have a week where we'll be going on a vacation with Matt's side of the family. Last year we went to Lake James and had a great time. The plans are still in the works, so I don't know much about this year but we are looking forward to that as well.
Then we're going with my family to Gatlinburg for a half a week. They have a few weeks banked up in their time share, so they are trading it in to get a 2 bedroom place where my brother's family will go for half the week, and we'll go for the other half.
WHEW! Oh, and I almost forgot, it is our year (we rotate) to go to Illinois for Thanksgiving. Some of my dad's family live up there and we missed out last year so this year it's our turn to go! I am VERY excited about that as well. My mom, My Aunt Linda, sister-in-law, Aunt Wanda, and my 2 cousins all go shopping together at the butt-crack of dawn (sorry, that's what we call it!) the day after Thanksgiving!
YAY!!!!!!! I love it! I never really realized how much I loved being on the go until i've been a stay-at-home mom. The first month or two Ethan was born I got so stir crazy. Now that he's older it is getting better, but I realized that I LOVE going places. Even if it's to go to the mall and sit or walk. I love getting out. So YEEEEE HAAAAW for the year of traveling!
1 comment:
Sounds like great fun!
Post a Comment