Monday, February 04, 2008

Productivity

I just feel GREAT when i'm productive. Today has been one of those days and it's only 2:00p.m.! This morning Ethan and I got up and went grocery shopping at Target. (It was definitely time!) The trip just went SO well. I had my list, my coupons, and my starbucks- thanks to a gift card from Mike & Courtney! Ethan had his sippy cup of juice and his goldfish. We were off! This trip was extra exciting because we are starting to eat way healthier than we have been. I've never bought so much vegetables from the produce section. Because Ethan is getting old enough to not have to eat babyfood out of a jar, we are buying fresh fruits and vegetables for him to enjoy. We got squash, sweet potatos, grapes, zuchinni for us and much more!

After grocery shopping I came home and ate lunch with the hubby. He headed off to the church office. I put Ethan down for a nap and then it was "go" time! I cleaned out and organized our kitchen pantry. Took out some trash. Sat down and paid ALL our bills. Walked out and mailed the bills. Organized our tax information. Called the urgent care about Ethan's visit when he had his stomach bug before Christmas- had billing issues because they are a new practice and haven't gotten their code with our insurance company. I've done 2 loads of wash and picked up around our apartment. I just sat down to take a break and check my e-mail. It is SUCH a beautiful day. I think sunny beautiful weather just energizes my heart and body. I have a "to do" list I made in a word document that I would like to get done the next few months or sooner. I was able to cross 2 things off that list today. So anyhow, enough tooting of my own horn. It just feels good to accomplish things and the fun part is enjoying doing them. My mom called me admist all this and she said she is really praying about having a good heart and attitude in doing the daily or monthly mudain things like grocery shopping and paying bills. No matter what you do or how tedious or monotanous it is- your attitude and heart can determine whether it is a positive experience or not. I pray that I am the best stay-at-home mom... working and loving on my family with joy and being thankful to God for blessing us with the ability to do all these things.

I challenge you to look at your "chores" and tasks in a new light.

1 comment:

E said...

I cleaned my pantry today too!! I also cleaned the fridge:( It does feel so good to be productive!