Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Relaxing busyness

Does that post title make sense?! It does to me. I have so much going on and I LOVE IT! God has been teaching me so much this week about having patience and love in the midst of being busy. Normally I would stress or do things with attitude, but I am really trying to have a different outlook. I just had to laugh when I got Ethan up the other morning, started making his breakfast and mine at the same time. Meanwhile he isn't quite grasping the whole patience thing like I am and while he's fussin' I quickly get stuff over to the table. I start feeding him and sit down to feed myself... and do you see anything wrong with this picture?!


I grabbed Ethan's baby spoon! Instead of throwing it in the sink in frustration, I just laughed and grabbed my camera and snapped a picture. How funny.

I have been running errands getting ready for my baby's first birthday party. I really saved a lot of money with buying all the plates, forks, napkins, cups, etc. at the Dollar tree. So I didn't feel guilty about ordering some CUTE cakes at Target today. The party is sports themed (of course- daddy wouldn't have it any other way). I don't want to spill the beans too much, because I will definitely post pictures this weekend. I just cannot believe my baby is going to be 1 year old. I broke out the whole milk and started mixing it with his formula to make the transition a little easier on him. He is slowly transition from bottles to sippy cups. He uses the sippy all the time with juice and water, but he was rejecting his milk in it. So many changes. The biggest one I am looking forward to is facing his carseat forward. His poor little legs have been bent up because he is currently rear-facing. He is way too big to be facing backwards still. I just can't wait for him to face forward which will be easier access for me from the front seat as well as letting him look all around and see what is coming instead of what is going, you know what I mean?!

Well my precious is waking up from his nap... Matt and I are off on a date tonight for Valentine's--- yeeee haaaaw! I am LOVING mommyhood and wifehood!!!!

No comments: