So yesterday was Ethan's 1 year old check up. His appointment was at 10:00. We were going to pick up Matt from work on the way. I was taking my time getting ready and sending a few e-mails when I glanced at the clock and saw that I needed to go get Matt in 10 minutes but I still needed to get dressed, get Ethan dressed, print off his ages and stages form for the appointment, get his snack & sippy cup ready, and a few other things. So I start running all around frantically getting ready. Well I had Ethan up on the changing table which happens to be his dresser as well. I had the second (of 3) drawers open looking for what I was going to change him in. He must have been leaning over to grab my hair or something and HE ROLLED OFF THE TABLE! Praise the Lord he just landed in the drawer which was FULL of clothes because I had just done laundry and put them away. I grabbed him (he was crying from being scared) and just thanked God that he didn't hit the floor or bang his head on the edge of the dresser drawer or something. Wow, it could have been worse!
So anyhow, his appointment went well. He is growing well! He was in the 90% for height (31 inches) and 85% for weight (26lbs- which he was 27 a month ago, so don't know what happened there) and for everyone who says he has a big head, he was only in the 75%- SO THERE! Ha ha! He got some shots and really did well but the nurse wasn't ready for his strength. She said he is really strong- has the strength of a 1.5 or 2 year old! She was scared he was going to wrestle away when she was giving him his immunizations. We always thought he was tough for his age, but that confirmed it. The only thing is his little excema is getting pretty bad and they were a concerned. They told us to try taking dairy out of his diet and put him on soy milk and see if that helps. One of the nurses did that for her son and it cleared up a little. So we'll see. We bought more steroid cream and lotions to goop him up with, but if it doesn't show signs of improvement within a week we are definitely trying the no dairy thing.
So that is the update on us. I'm waiting for pictures from a dear friend who took them at his birthday party, but I will post some as soon as I get them!
1 comment:
Oh how scary!! I am glad he is ok!! :) What lotion are you using for his excema?? Syd has a few spots so I have been asking around.
Post a Comment